5/29/2008

Vocation in Kota Bahru

I went to Kelantan last weekend, to be exact; I was in Kota Bahru from 23 May – 25 May.

Before I started my journey, I did a lot of survey on line. I visited almost all related web site. I called almost all hotel, chalets and motel in Kota Bahru but all fully booking for 24 May. Luckily, I found a web site talking about kampong stay and I was attracted by the pictures shown.

http://www.pasirbelanda.com/

At first I am quite worry to make booking because this chalet required us to make full payment upon booking. Anyway, I have no choice too, if I don’t stay in this chalet, I have to go to those small motels in town. So, I made the payment. It was a long journey from Penang to Kelantan. We are not familiar with the road, so we drove along the way until Pantai Cahaya Bulan resort because we thought that it should be nearby only. Definitely we are wrong. The chalet is actually nearer to town compared to PCB. This is the instruction given in the web site (obviously I didn’t really read in detail, so I missed it)

By car:
In Kota Bharu follow the signboards to the beach Pantai Cahaya Bulan.
Turn right about 100 meters after the big Mosque in Kampung Banggol (on the PCB road) and follow the signboards to Pasir Belanda.

You need to be careful that their sign board will be blocked. This is because the local people might have some function in house and they will stick some notice on the board to show the way to their house. That is why we didn’t see that board and overshoot until PCB. Actually PCB is quite far from them. The chalet located deep inside after you turn in from the main road, it made us worried about the condition when we saw the kampong houses around.

It really surprised us when we arrive, the compound is very tidy, and the chalets are nice. Once our car arrived, Mr Harry – the owner who is a Dutch came out to welcome us. We fall in love by the first sight (to the chalet not Mr Harry!! Anyway, he is young and quite good looking :P)

Surprisingly, I realize that we took fewer pictures this trip compared to other trips that we had before. That is why you didn’t see me upload any new picture. So, if you want to see the picture of the chalet, go to the web site, the picture shown is exactly what we see in reality.

No comments: