12/26/2007

Christmas Eve

I never celebrate Christmas before I accepted Christ. Since I become a Christian, I celebrate all my Christmas by following my church caroling team (I am the photographer for my siblings). This year, I decided not to follow (until now also still feel guilty).

This is the first time I spend my Christmas Eve in Penang. I went for a dinner at Northern Café. Then walk from there to Gurney Plaza. The moon looked beautiful that night. There are a lot of families sitting along the beach to enjoy the beautiful scene. Of cause, there are a lot of couples too.

Youngsters gathered in front of Gurney Plaza. It was a battle zone there, everyone spraying each other without knowing who they are spraying to. I joined they for a while and it makes me feel like I am back to my young age again J.

Someone throw some bottles to the police car and it started to be out of control, crowds throw bottle to the police car non stop and someone told me that the mirror was broken. I ran away after seeing the situation (it must be too funny if an old lady get caught and sent to the police station). Only youngsters dare to do so, I am too old for this.

It was special to have this experience but something is missing there. I feel empty without Jesus Christ present in the Christmas Eve, what is the feeling of those who never know the true meaning of Christmas? May be they didn’t feel anything because they never know the feeling of true joy, they never feel the feeling of being love by God. Although you might be unhappy when I say so, but I challenge you, just go to church, try to know and accept more about Jesus Christ, and I tell you, it will totally change your life.

I changed mine…. How about you?

No comments: