11/21/2008

Scary Night

14 November 2008, Thursday, 5pm. I was in my office. Someone called my aunt and say that my father involved in an accident. No one knows what his condition is now and they didn't even manage to know which hospital he is in. The only information is the accident happened near Guar Cempedak.

I was shocked but I know I have to look for which hospital they sent my father to. I search the number on line, start from Klinik Kesihatan Guar Cempedak, then Hospital Yan and finally Hospital Besar Alor Setar. The staff told me that he is under “separa critical” condition, I don’t really understand how serious is that, but with the word critical, sounds really serious to me.

Immediately I contacted all my siblings, coordinate on how they are coming back then I rush back to SP to pick up my mother, my youngest sister and Francis bring my brother back from Penang then we all rush to Alor Setar.
When I arrived, the staff told me that my dad is in critical zone…it really shocked me. I rushed into the emergency room, my dad looks ok, only some wound on his left face. Someone told me that actually he woke up before and fall asleep again. A lady doctor told me that my dad actually suffered stroke while ridding motorcycle on the highway and fall from motorbike. They did the scanning and waiting for General Hospital Penang to accept him.

Finally, General Hospital Pinang decided to accept my father case and he has been transferred immediately. I still remember the first question the nurse asked him and his answered really scared me. The nurse pointed at my brother and asked: “Who is he?” My father looked at him for a while and said “friend”. Luckily he can still remember who we are after a while.

That was the longest night I can have in my life...really long...

No comments: