5/19/2007

Temple of Fine Art

I found a good Indian vegetarian restaurant in Penang this Saturday. When my boyfriend brings me to this restaurant, I was a little bit redundant because I do not really like to eat vegetable. It seems like I was wrong.The environment is good, the food is nice and the service is nice. The most important thing is, this is not a profit making restaurant, they apply the concept of Annalakshmi. Annalakshmi is the Hindu Goddess of Food and the adage "athithi devo bhava" meaning "the Guest is God" is the motivating factor. This factor is a tribute to the Goddess of Plenty, Annalakshmi. These ideals, the warmth and the service very soon capture the imagination of diners. Annalakshmi provides food for the soul by providing a good meal to those who walk in.The food served in Annalakshmi is prepared with the care and love by homemakers - mothers, grandparents, sisters and brothers. This filial connection is what makes the concept of Annalakshmi, an unique one. They serve buffet during lunch, ala carte during dinner. If you still do not understand what I am talking about, let me tell you: “You can eat as much as you want and you can pay how much as you want according to your will!!” Emm…or you can say : “if you are really muka tembok, then you can just walk away after your meal!!”If you need further understanding of the food name on the menu, you can request the waitress (actually they are volunteer) to explain it to you. The food looks really nice and taste nice too. We went during dinner, that is why the food was served in ala carte style. This is the set meal named: Preethi Bhojhan
The best Mango Lassi (Yellow one) I have tasted(actually this is the first time i taste it, :P). The other one is Masala, is a ginger tea.


If you really want to try it, contact them:


1 Babington AvenuePenang 10300 Malaysia
+60 4 228 8575
Open Hours11:30a-2:30p & 6p-9:30p Thursday-Tuesday

Or, you can contact me to arrange for a trip there :).