8/07/2008

Dragon Boat Festival

You Dragon Boat Festival passed for 4 days but I still feel the lost. When I joined Penang Tourism Penang Action Council (PTAC) for my 3 months practical training, Dragon Boat Festival is the first big project that I involved the most. I guess that is why I always like Dragon Boat Festival.

I know no one in the participating teams but I still like to be at the site, looking at them, feeling their fighting spirit while racing, feel their enjoyment when relaxing, and feel their happiness when they win.

I know some of the organizing committees, I know some of the liaison official, I might not know their name, but surprisingly they remember me even after I left PTAC for 3 years. They still remember which year I was there, we still can chat like we know each other for very long, I really make friends there, at lease I know Amos- camera man, Adrian – Photographer, Mr Geh – President of Penang Dragon boat Association, Peter, James – Committee (always have an eyes on me, worry that some guys disturb me), Mr Mok – Ex YB Assistant (very very good guy), Lydia – Assistant manager in Penang Development Centre, Lina –YB Danny Law’s secretary.

I really miss the time when we have celebration dinner, I always waiting for the dinner to come, it’s not about the food, and it’s about the fun that we all will have. Although I missed the party part this year, it’s still a sweet memory for me…………at lease I was a part of 6th Club Crew World Championships and 8th of Asian Dragon Boat Championships Teluk Bahang Dam, Penang, Malaysia 31 July – 3 August 2008.

No comments: