8/19/2008

My Past 2

To make it worst, I am not pretty. I don’t know why, students in my class seems to have all good things happened in their life. They born in a rich family, they are good looking, they are good in their study, their parents know how to “bride” the teacher and they know how to make the teacher happy…..You will be surprise; not only adult but even primary students have politics in their school. Obviously, I lost in everything.

Parents need to collect the reports card from class teacher every one semester, that was my nightmare and it repeated 3 times a year since standard 3 (I have the same class teacher for 3 years). The teacher who named Lau always complained about me to my mother because she knows my mother will definitely beat me. If I quarrel or have argument with my classmates, it will definitely be my fault. There was one time my friend bite my hand until it’s obviously injured and ended up I was beaten by my mother.

May be you are thinking of beating in soft way…NO!! I will be beaten up by belt, by hanger, by cane….etc. All my neighbors know I was beaten because I can’t stop screaming (1. as objection, 2. is PAIN both physically and mentally). Worst thing is,next day,the teacher will ask whether I was beaten up IN FRONT OF the CLASS during her teaching and show everyone my wounds. Then she will PROUDLY announce to the class that this is because I’m a bad student. So, class will laugh and parents will make sure that no one can be my friend. Of course I revenge, I become “naughty”, I get more attention but I get beaten up by my mother more.

Nearer to UPSR, we have extra classes, we have more and more exam to keep us well prepared (I’m lucky that I didn’t really study but my result getting better and better so their never manage to kick me out of 1st class). In all the exam, I always get bad result, those pretty girls and handsome boys always get really good result. Madam Lau told my mother, “your daughter is useless, she can’t study, she will not have future and I don’t know how to help her.” I was beaten up for that again and that was my last time…WHY?

I get STARIGHT A’s in my UPSR, I can skip my “pre-secondary” class (this is the old system to help student adapt to secondary school easier it takes one year –for Chinese educated only)!! Tell you what, in my class, only 6 of us from middle ranking who get straight A’s and go immediately to form 1!

That’s the time my mother realized that the teacher actually bias at me…and that is the time I realized that I can do better, I am better in some sense compared to the pretty in my class. I’m who I’m now, I am independent, I am tough, I am very happy with my job….and I thank God for stopping me from turning into a gangster….I feel thankful for everything I have, I feel thankful for all the bad experience (although it still hurt me every time thinking of it) and I hope that I can do more to repair all have been broken (it broke my relationship with my father too, I was embarrassing him all the time) by the BIAS teacher named LAU SAI ENG (not sure with the spelling, but this is the pronunciation). I want to tell her that I AM GOOD and I HAVE A GREAT FUTURE now.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I understand how you feel. It was detrimental to me when I was in primary school too. I was targeted by one of our primary school teacher, also by the surname of Lau. But I'm not sure if she was the same teacher we are talking about.

Nevertheless, I was fortunate to get guidance from one of our other teachers who is wiser in educating kids because I stayed across the street from her. I did improve and fought, but i missed form one by 1%. So I went to remove class instead. Nevertheless, things unfold and I was given other opportunities to better myself which I am grateful to God for.

I am glad that you have fought well. Definitely an inspiration for me. One thing for sure is... kids learn differently. Teachers need to understand too.

Angel said...

Hi Joseph, thanks for reading and leaving comment here. Where are you from? Most probably we are talking about the same LAU if we are from teh same school :P.

Anonymous said...

Hi again. You recently added me to your friendster. =) I am not sure if we were in the same class before, but you looked familiar. I was at Sin Min B from primary 3 till primary 6.

Angel said...

o,okok, i can remember d. thanks.